Nuclear Science Week Videos & Activities
Between October 19-23, the American Museum of Science and Energy will post a nuclear science related video to our FaceBook page daily.
Here's the lineup:
1. Nuclear Review. A video about radioactivity and half-life.
2. Cloud Chamber Activity. Actually "see" radioactivity in a simple demonstration.
(Kits used for this video can be purchased online at https://www.etsy.com/listing/644737977/cloud-chamber-kit-complete-with?gpla=1&gao=1)
3. Mini-Rutherford Board Activity. Learn how to detect the shape of object you cannot see using 3D-printed pieces.
(3D-printing Notes: These are all PLA prints with .20mm quality and 5% fill. These 8 files include the top piece, each of the 6 shapes individually, and a single plate print of all the shapes if they want to print them all at once. The print time is included at the end of each file name.)
4. Mini-Rutherford Steam Activity. Turn STEM into STEM using your 3D-printed mini-Rutherford board equipment.
5. Plasma & Fusion. Watch plasma ball demonstrations and learn how plasma relates to a fusion energy reactor that is currently under construction.