AINSE Postgraduate Orientation Week 2021
The annual AINSE Postgraduate Orientation Week for new scholars will take place during the celebrations of Nuclear Science Week. This event will include a virtual tour of ANSTO’s landmark research facilities hosted by the ANSTO Discovery Centre.
Join us via Zoom videoconference on Sunday October 17 (Pacific Time) / Monday October 18 (Sydney Time) for an in-depth look at the landmark facilities and ongoing research activities at ANSTO, the Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation:
Opening and Acknowledgement of Country
- Sunday 17 October 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm (PDT)
- Monday 18 October 9:00 am – 10:00 am (AEDT)
Presentation: Overview of ANSTO’s Nuclear Science & Technology (NST)
- Sunday 17 October 4:00 pm – 4:30 pm (PDT)
- Monday 18 October 10:00 am – 10:30 am (AEDT)
Panel: NST Research Themes (Environment, Health, Nuclear Fuel Cycle)
- Sunday 17 October 4:45 pm – 5:45 pm (PDT)
- Monday 18 October 10:45 am – 11:45 am (AEDT)
Discovery Centre Virtual Tour of ANSTO
- Sunday 18 October 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm (PDT)
- Monday 19 October 1:00 pm – 2:30 pm (AEDT)
Panel: NST Research Infrastructure (Australian Centre for Neutron Scattering, Australian Synchrotron, Centre for Accelerator Science)
- Sunday 18 October 8:45 pm – 9:45 pm (PDT)
- Monday 19 October 2:45 pm – 3:45 pm (AEDT)
Overview of the Women in Nuclear (WiN) Australia Chapter, Australian Young Generation in Nuclear (AusYGN), and the Australasian Nuclear Early Career Researchers and Scientists (ANECR)
- Sunday 18 October 10:00 pm – 10:30 pm (PDT)
- Monday 19 October 4:00 pm – 4:30 pm (AEDT)
This event is hosted by AINSE Ltd. (the Australian Institute of Nuclear Science and Engineering) in coordination with ANSTO, the Women in Nuclear (WiN) Australia Chapter, Australian Young Generation in Nuclear (AusYGN), and the Australasian Nuclear Early Career Researchers and Scientists (ANECR).
Places are limited. Register your attendance, listing the session(s) you would like to attend, by emailing email@example.com with the subject line “AINSE Nuclear Science Week RSVP” by Thursday 14 October 11:00 pm (PDT) / Friday 15 October 5:00 pm (AEDT). Zoom meeting invites will be sent to attendees via email.